There is an overwhelmingly amount of research indicating that gut health impacts overall health. The gut microbiome is composed of bacteria, viruses, fungi and other microbes that reside in our gastrointestinal tract. These microbes have tremendous potential to impact our digestive, immune, metabolic and neuroendocrine functions.
The GI-MAP stands for Gastrointestinal Microbial Assay Plus. This unique stool test, that you can easily collect at home, uses cutting edge, Quantitative PCR technology with high sensitivity to take a deep dive inside your microbiome. The test detects microbes that may be disturbing normal microbial balance or contributing to illness in addition to indicators of digestion, absorption, inflammation, and immune function.
Although most everyone can benefit from a GI-MAP gut health assessment, I will usually recommend the test for those who are struggling with any the following conditions:
- Autoimmune diseases
- Digestive complaints, diarrhea or constipation
- Brain fog
- Skin problems such as acne and psoriasis
- Mood disorders, depression, and/or anxiety
- Extreme food sensitivities/intolerances
Assessing your health via the GI-MAP comprehensive stool test can help us dig to try and uncover a root cause for your health concerns.
What markers does the
GI-MAP test include?
- Bacterial Pathogens
- Parasitic Pathogens
- Viral Pathogens
- Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori)
- Normal/Commensal Bacteria and Phyla
- Opportunistic Bacteria
- Autoimmune Triggers
- Intestinal Health Markers (Elastase, Steatocrit, SIgA, Anti-Gliadin, Calprotectin, b-Glucuronidase, Occult Blood)
- Antibiotic Resistance Genes
- Zonulin (optional add on)
View a Sample Report:
Are you ready to reclaim your health?
Taking the first step on your health journey can often be the most difficult, which is why I offer a complimentary discovery call to help determine whether we might be a good fit for partnering together to meet your goals.