Nutrient status is one of the foundations of our health! Micronutrients, which include vitamins and minerals, are required by our bodies for optimal cell functioning. Because our bodies cannot produce vitamins and minerals, it essential that we consume them via our food.
Micronutrients play a critical role in promoting optimal cell function and disease prevention. Therefore, when micronutrient status is insufficient, deficient or even in excess, cell function is compromised, setting the stage for the development of disease. Identifying and correcting micronutrient status is an important step in disease prevention and health optimization.
Every physiological function in your body requires micronutrients to function optimally. Micronutrients play a key role in:
- Energy production
- Modulating our immune system
- Reducing systemic inflammation
- Protecting against free radical damage (oxidative stress)
- Slowing down cellular aging
- Promoting the health of our tissues (such as our, skin and brain) and bones
- Maintaining healthy detoxification pathways
- Hormonal balance (to include thyroid hormones, sex hormones, adrenal hormones, and neurotransmitters)
Should I have my
micronutrient levels tested?
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, have been diagnosed with any of the conditions below, or have any risk factors you should consider testing your extra- and intracellular micronutrient status:
- Chronic stress, fatigue, depression, anxiety, or brain fog
- Chronic diseases such as diabetes or cardiovascular disease
- Auto-immune conditions
- Skin problems
- Numbness/tingling in your hands or feet
- Weakened Immune system
- Digestive Issues/disorders such as Celiac disease, Crohns, IBS, IBD, or SIBO
- Long-term use of prescription medications
- Poor diet (which may include a lack of variety, low intake of fruits and vegetables, high intake of processed foods, or inadequate caloric intake)
- Stubborn unexplained weight loss/gain
- Intense athletic training
- Following a vegan or vegetarian diet
Assessing your nutrient status at both the gastrointestinal barrier and cellular membrane by measuring extra- and intracellular levels is the best way to objectively determine your nutritional status at a foundational level so that we can optimize your health status, revitalize your energy and improve your performance with a food-first approach and targeted supplement plan.
Vibrant’s Micronutrient test is the only test that provides a comprehensive extracellular and intracellular assessment of the levels of the most important vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fatty acids, and amino acids.
Ready to take charge of your wellness and reclaim your health?
APPLY FOR A DISCOVERY CALL TODAY
Let’s chat so that I can understand a little more about your unique wellness goals and can share the types of services that can best suite your needs.